My Favorite Beauty Products (discovered through Birchbox):
My November 2011 Birchbox Contained:
1. LaROCCA Champagne and Shimmer Acai Sugar Polish – I wasn’t a huge fan of this scrub. While it sounded luxurious the $35 scrub made my skin greasy and oily but I did enjoy the champagne scent of this. But I think for now I’ll stick to scrubbing gloves and my favorite body wash for exfoliating.
2. Chuao Chocolate Bars – MY FAVORITE THING THIS MONTH! Oh soooo delicious! I got the Firecracker flavor which has popping candies and a hint of chipotle and it was such a rich and complex taste. I will definatly be grabbing a few of these and giving them as stocking stuffers this holiday season.
3. Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover with Cornflower Water – I don’t think I’ll be buying a full-size of this eye makeup remover but it’s nice to have a travel size sample ready for vacation!
4. Oscar Blandi Jasmine Protein Mist – this mist is a nice multi-tasker: use it on dry hair to change the style or use it on wet to protect and detangle. This works similarly to the No. 4 Comb and Protect Spray which I am obsessed with and if I weren’t such a brand loyalist I’d buy a full-size – this version is cheaper than the No. 4 and is great for long hair.
5. Zoya Gems & Jewels Collection in Noel. For some reason blue nailpolish gives me the willies (except navy nail polish which I love)… I can do almost any other color but blue on my fingernails feels frostbitten so I wasn’t a huge fan of this but the other colors in this collection, especially the greens look gorgeous and nicely formulated.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I had one of the best of my life: everyone was healthy, the meal was delicious, the family time was fun and joyful… what more could anyone want from Thanksgiving?
I also tried to shop on Black Friday with my sister and mother but gosh, aren’t all those long lines a turn-off? Honestly, I’d almost rather not get “the amazing deal” in exchange for a pleasant and civilized shopping experience.
What do you think? Would you pay more just to avoid shopping on Black Friday?