My December Birchbox finally came in the mail yesterday. Apparently there was a delay with their distribution supply company and I was awarded Birchbox points for the wait. I can’t help but appreciate when companies take initiative to please their customers like that. So many times I have felt like my business didn’t mean anything to a particular company. Usually I solve this by “voting with my dollars” as Ian would say and just not shop with that company again. I was so surprised that Birchbox took initiative to email me about why my box had been delayed and to award me points for the wait.
Thank you Birchbox for having class!
As I have said before, I adore Birchbox. I have found several of my favorite beauty and lifestyle products through their service and I really enjoy getting a small box of goodies each month. When I saw my December box in my post-Christmas mail pile, I was very excited to see what I would get.
My December 2011 Birchbox Contained:
1. Benefit The POREfessional ($29 for full-size). Despite Benefit being a popular beauty brand, this is the first product I have ever tried from them. The POREfessional is meant to act as pore-minimizing primer. When I put it on it when on cleanly like velvet and helped my concealer go on very easily. I’m always in the market for a good primer and this one may very well make it to my make-up bag.
2. Harvey Prince Yogini – 8.8 ml ($26 for full-size). The scent was so-so. Yogini is supposed to be a more sophisticated ‘new-age’ scent. While I like the concept, the scent didn’t live up to its promise. But then again I have never enjoyed Harvey Prince scents so if you are a fan you may enjoy this.
3. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse® OR Multi-Usage Dry Oil Shimmer 50 ml ($40 for 50 ml). This stuff was fun – a dry oil with a subtle gold shimmer which is perfect for a night out or a tropical vacation. However since I do not often go out to gold-shimmer appropriate events so I’ll just save the trial-size for my next tropical vacation (here’s wishing).
4. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss ($20 for full-size). This was a nice formula and a pretty pink color but didn’t seem to last very long. I’m going to give it a few more test runs but I’ll likely be sticking with my regular lip gloss.
5. Showstoppers® Designer Fashion Tape in Nude/Black ($9.99 for a full pack). This stuff is INCREDIBLY handy to have. Fashion tape is extremely useful not just for fixing cleavage problems but also for keeping shoulder straps in place. I love to have these around for special events.
6. EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster. Very similar to the Vita-C stuff I already drink. And it never hurts to have more Vitamin C in your diet!